I am a bit surprised I didn't blog about my wip earlier, as I have been working on it for quite a long time now.
The staff is made out of wire, polymer clay, pearls, and various other items.
The flowers were made in a form.
And this is the finished result:
FINALLY. It took me ages and ate a lot of nerves.
The belt is up and is ready for sewing. Afterwards I need to do another layer of ruffles and then I can finally finish the skirt by sewing in the zip.
I got myself iron wire, hard to bend and very sturdy, for the frame. To be honest, it was a bit too sturdy and therefore I had to do the small circle out of a thinner wire.
I bent the wire and fixed it with tape. Afterwards I added the circles. To may shame the circles are not really symetrical.
Afterwards I covered everything with a cream coloured chiffon fabric. And my covering it I meant hand-stitching everything.
I wanted something on the wired ruff that sticks out.
At first I thought of lace but it didn't fit. I went for a gold cord instead and I still like my idea (often as not, I don't).
I came that far and now I have run out of pearls. Of course, it just can't be easy.
I hope to finish it for Nippon Nation but chances are low and I really want to kick my ass for that.
all the best,