still alive and kicking

November 17, 2015

Hi lolives,

during winter time I tend to get more lazy and just want to either sleep or lay on the couch eating Lebkuchen and petting my cats.
But I have an urgent project coming on with a deadline on the 8th of December so I can't really lazy around. I just nap a few times after any accomplishment :D!
The new project will be a steampunk victorian walking dress. I used a burda pattern for the sleeve and a pattern from a Gosu Rori mixed with Jane Arnold's patterns of fashion 2 for the other pieces. 

My cat always likes to sit on "new things" laying on the floor. I bring fabric, she sits on it. I spread my pattern books on the floor, she sits on it.

But to be honest, I can't even be mad at her. But she is a super fluffy, little rascal.

As a matter of fact, I did finish my patterns, even though she played with my pen and my rulers all the time.

And this is it. I know it looks super weird but it fits really well. Never thought it would...
The fabric is black fake leather with a geometric pattern punched into it. It looks really good and I hope it also looks good when I am done.

There is no perfect Steampunk outfit without the weapons. So I got myself a fairly cheap (for Austrian standards, super expensive for not western Europeans and Americans =_=) children's toy weapon.
I used sandpaper to roughen up the surface and then used black gesso to prime it. I think there are about 5 layers of gesso on it.

I worked betther than I thought and it doesn't look like plastic anymore. So that is a really big plus.
The next step would be to paint it with black and bronze. 

All the best,

Aurîs

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare