work in progress part three, I think

September 02, 2015

Hello lovelies,

My progress is slower than that of a snail's who has been thaught the art of sewing, but I can not do anything about it. I currently work 38-43h a week, I have 6h of Latin weekly and I have to sleep 8-6h each night or else I'm useless the whole day. But despite that, I think my costume is coming around nicely.

Lace sewing is something I had never tried before. I watched some youtube tutorials and voila, I was ready for it. And to be honest, it was much easier than I thought. It was really just finding good lace and sewing it on. The only thing which bothers me, is that it takes AGES. I have finished about 1/3rd of the sewing but at what cost? It took me more than 5 hours to complete the 1/3rd. I would love to ask Matthias to do this but he hates hand sewing and I think he would throttle me if I'd as him to sew the lace apron...


I also made a picture of a ghost...on the left side. No, probably only bad light. So, you see the bottom parts is all ready and the right and top part aren't. So much left. And I will probably need 2x5h. Can somebody hand me Hermione's time-turner please? Then I can study for latin, work on my cosplay and go to work at the same time.

Up close picture. As you can or rather can not see, there are invisible seams.

I made a mock up bodice a while ago and had to redo it several times because I was not satisfied with it. This is then the final version of it. I made it out of dark green velvet and it fits over my corset. I thought about handsewing because velvet tends to be super slippery but I am not sure if I should...and if I have time.

I just use 1cm inch allowance.

And this will be the bodice front. I wanted the front to have lace but without frills, as seen on the original Sisi dress.

The velvet is really dark green and in bad light it can look black too. It is a wonderful colour. The picture above was take yesterday in the evening with a lamp.
The picture underneath is with natural light from today in the morning before I went to work.
And it is the back. I will leave the back open for the closure and otherwise sew everything together. Phew. It is still far from ready.

Have a nice week,

Auris Lothol

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare